An anti-bribery ISO 37001 or whistleblowing ISO 37002 management system is the framework of processes and procedures used to ensure that an organization, public or private, can fulfill some tasks required to achieve its anti-corruption or anti-fraud objectives.
By certification of such compliance ISO management systems, Anti-Bribery Synergy provides as an independent body a written assurance (i.e. a certificate, assessment report etc.), a third party attestation that the system in question meets specific requirements as stated by the reference standards.
An organization decides to apply for certification as such an issue may be a contractual or regulatory requirement (e.g. DIRECTIVE (EU) 2019/1937 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
of 23 October 2019 on the protection of persons who report breaches of Union law) or may just be helpful to meet ethics and integrity principles by proving successful application of specific financial and non-financial controls to processes, activities and operations.
The certification process consists of a full audit of the client’s management system against the requirements of the ISO 37001 and ISO 37002 standards. When the organization has successfully undergone all audit steps and resolved any nonconformity identified during the assessment process, Anti-Bribery Synergy issues the certificate stating that the client’s management system complies with the standard.
The audit, assessment and certification processes involve following stages:
- application submission & review to determine exact scope, extent and competencies needed
- audit preparation and planning, including scheduling of audit related activities
- first stage audit – examination of documents to identify general aspects and potential issues
- second stage audit – onsite and/or remote observation of activities, interview with personnel, review and verification of documents and records
- reviewing the certification decision by the Certification Committee based on the audit report and related available information
- issuing the certificate, one year or three years validity
- provision of annual surveillance in order to maintain the certification status